Greetings Students, Faculty, Staff, Alumni, and Community
As your Police Chief, pleased be assured that our primary purpose is to ensure that the University Campus is safe for everyone. We aim to deliver professional law enforcement and security services that are customer focused and sensitive to needs of everyone here at ECSU. We adhere to our core values of Responsibility, Integrity, Professionalism, Respect and Fairness.
These values along with our Rules of Conduct and Duty provide greater clarity to acceptable and unacceptable behavior that support or detract from our goal of exceptional and high quality services. We understand that building, cultivating and maintaining trust is a key element in crime reduction on our campus.
We encourage and enjoy interactions with our students, faculty, staff and visitors through various outreach programs, such as crime prevention, video training seminars and mock drills, safety patrols, operation identification, and health fair initiatives. We encourage you to work along with us to ensure our campus is one of the safest in North Carolina and whereby the environment feels safe at all times regardless of the presence of a uniform officer or security officer is present.
I am honored to serve the department and University. Together we can and will make a positive difference here at ECSU. I encourage you to partner with us as we move forward.
We, the members of Elizabeth City University Police Department, are committed to providing the highest level of law enforcement and security service. We will improve the safety and quality of life at the University by building partnerships that reduce crime, responsive to needs of others, maintaining order and create a safe environment while upholding the laws of North Carolina and the United States Constitution. We adhere to the principles of Responsibility, Integrity, Professionalism, Respect and Fairness.
Responsibility - Integrity - Professionalism - Respect - Fairness
- We are Responsible. We are accountable for our actions to the community and each other. We are a team committed to ensuring the safety of students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- We have Integrity. We are committed to the highest level of professional and ethical standards. We foster public trust by being honest, fair, and consistent.
- We are Professional. We are dedicated to providing quality service by being progressive, well trained, disciplined and highly motivated employees. We serve as role models for the university by projecting a positive image with a spirit of cooperation and teamwork.
- We are Respectful. We are duty bond to uphold the constitution, the rights and liberties of all people. We are sensitive to the needs of everyone. We treat everyone with dignity, understanding, and compassion in a way we want to be treated.
- We are Fair. We deliver consistent service to a culturally diverse university through understanding, open-mindedness, and non-prejudicial judgment. We are equally responsive to the needs of all people.
For answers to any questions or concerns you have regarding the ECSU University Police, please contact email@example.com or call 252-335-3266. If you have a life threatening emergency, please call 911 for Fire, Police or Medical assistance. Persons may also anonymously report crimes at firstname.lastname@example.org or the ECSU Crime line at 252-335-3555. For situations that are non-emergencies, please call 252-335-3266 and for TTY Services 252-335-3109. During a power outage, persons can call 252-335-4812 or 252-335-0476.
John Manley, Jr., Chief of Police
136 Thomas-Jenkins Bldg.
Campus Box 929
Elizabeth City, North Carolina 27909