Admitted Veteran, Military Personnel, and Dependent Student Checklist
Follow these steps after being admitted to ECSU:
- Complete the online GI Bill application process.
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to see if you qualify for additional student aid. Check with the Office of Student Financial Assistance for aid eligibility.
Once you have received the “Certificate of Eligibility” letter from the VA, submit it to the ECSU Office of Veterans and Military Services.
- You must be officially registered for courses. Click here to Register for courses.
- As soon as you register for courses, be sure to complete and submit your “Veteran Certification Request.” The ECSU Request for Certification Form can also be submitted in person to our office, or scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Veteran education benefits are certified on a semesterly basis – be sure to complete the ECSU Request for Certification Form each semester .
Note: If you have used VA education benefits previously at another university, you must complete VA Form 22-1995 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training) through VONAPP (Veterans Online Application).