Guest Student Checklist
Guest Students at Elizabeth City State University should follow this checklist.
- Submit your Certificate of Eligibility to the ECSU Military and Veterans Affairs Center.
- Obtain a Parent Letter from your current school's School Certifying Official. The parent letter must be:
- Printed on official letter head and signed;
- Sent as a digital copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and the mail the original signed copy to our office.
The parent letter must contain the following information:
- Official letter head;
- Student name;
- Student ID from Parent School;
- Exact courses being taken at ECSU;
- Statement from School Certifying Official that the credits being taken at ECSU will apply to the guest student's degree.
- Once the parent letter is received by the ECSU Certifying Official, we will certify the guest student's enrollment to the VA after they register for courses and request for certification.
- Register for courses.
- As soon as you register for courses, be sure to complete your Request for Certification. The ECSU Request for Certification Form can also be submitted in person to our office, or scanned and emailed to email@example.com.