Military and Veterans Affairs center
Welcome to Elizabeth City State University! At ECSU, we value our veterans, active duty military and dependent students. As a member of the President's Principles of Excellence Program our goal is to provide a smooth transition from military to college life for veterans, active duty service members, Reserve or National Guard, military dependents, and survivors and families.
Elizabeth City State University, Military and Veterans Affairs Center is dedicated to your success before you even start your educational journey. ECSU provides assistance to veterans, active military members, spouses and their dependents. From processing your education benefits to connecting you to the degree program of your dreams and to ease the transition from military service to campus life. We are here to help you on your journey. ECSU will give our veterans the support and raise awareness of veterans’ issues among the campus and local communities, and support student veterans through graduation and into a rewarding careers.
- ECSU will provide support to the veterans, active duty members, spouses and their dependents, Reserve and National Guard members, and ROTC cadets
- We will use the university resources to support the veterans that are attending ECSU
- Assist student veterans, active duty members, spouses and dependents with securing their educational benefits that are provided by the Veterans Affairs
- Provide a sense of community through veteran-center events and activities
- Heighten awareness of veterans issues among the campus community
- Advocate on issues that are relevant to student veteran on state and federal issues
- Maintain a rich veteran heritage on the university campus
ECSU has partnered with the Department of Veterans Affairs to serve Veterans and their families by providing a continuum of quality care that adds value for Veterans, families and communities.
ECSU will have a VA Readjustment Counseling Technician on campus once a week to serve our veterans and the community. Some of the services that will be offered:
- Individual readjustment counseling
- Group counseling
- Sexual trauma counseling
- Employment assessment and referral
These services are also offered to active duty service members and their dependents.
Ray Broughton, Director
117 Griffin Hall
1704 Weeksville Road, Elizabeth City, NC 27909
Phone: (252) 335-3289
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Email: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org