Elizabeth City State University ensures access to excellent, student-centered, experiential learning. ECSU offers bachelor's, professional, and master's degrees. Through practical education, applied research, and public and private partnerships, we prepare a diverse student body for personal and professional success to positively impact the region, state, nation, and beyond.
Elizabeth City State University will be a premier public institution and a leading partner for economic, social, and environmental progress. We will be a destination institution that develops leaders who will make a positive difference now and in the future.
Our Core Values
ECSU is guided by a commitment to excellence, which is personified in the subsequent group of core values the university strives to demonstrate and maintain.
- Accountability – Administration, faculty, staff, and students will be responsible and transparent in their actions
- Commitment – Dedication to our students, community, and advancing the university will be our priority
- Excellence – Unparalleled teaching, learning, and service to the university and community will be our measure for success
- Collaboration – Teamwork and partnerships with our stakeholders will be utilized to achieve common goals
- Inclusion – Diverse viewpoints, experiences, and backgrounds will be respected and welcomed
Elizabeth City State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award degrees at the baccalaureate and master’s level. Questions about the accreditation of Elizabeth City State University may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).