academic advising in the first year
As an integral part of the Department of University Studies, Academic Advising at ECSU is committed to helping each student make a successful transition to the University,
develop an appropriate academic plan, and engage in educationally meaningful activities. To that end, Academic Advisors advocate for programs, policies and procedures, and experiences that create an environment conducive to student success.
- Provide students with the academic advising, programming, tools, and resources to successfully manage the college experience and achieve their academic goals. Specifically,
- Provide students with the tools and resources to assess their interests and abilities, develop appropriate academic plans and identify academic goals;
- Teach students how to navigate the University, make informed decisions, ensure preparation for independence and proper handoff to sophomore/ departmental advisor and assume responsibility for their academic program and academic progress.
- Provide students with the tools and advising to understand the purpose and value of their educational experiences.
- Encourage students to pursue excellence.
Ms. Reshema Combs
Coordinator of Academic Advising
Room 108, H. L. Trigg Building
Birth – Kindergarten
Education – Elementary Education K-6
Education – Special Education
Student Success Coach