Welcome to Aviation Science
As the only four-year collegiate aviation education program in the State of North Carolina, it offers a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Aviation Science with concentrations in Flight Education, Air Traffic Control, Aviation Electronics (Avionics) and Aviation Management. ECSU’s Aviation Science program is among few aviation education programs offered at HBCUs across the nation. The program will continue to offer the most relevant curriculum to meet the general education and aviation education needs of the students, the community and the industries it serves. The aviation degree program and the specializations are designed to prepare students for the rigorous employment demands of the highly competitive aviation and aerospace industries.
The Aviation Science program offer students a comprehensive education in their chosen aviation area of study. This high quality, unique program in aviation is attractive to a broad range of potential students, from traditional-aged college students through community college transfer students, members of the Coast Guard or other branches of the military, and other adults in the area who have completed some college-level work but have not yet earned a four-year degree.
With an integrated comprehensive four-year collegiate Aviation program, the curriculum is designed to give the skills and experience to achieve ones dream of becoming an aviation professional.
To provide quality aviation education to a diverse student body by offering specializations in areas relevant to the highly competitive aerospace/aviation industry.
The Aviation Science Program, the only of its kind in the state of North Carolina, seeks to become a model aviation education program for others in the state and nation. The program will be a significant provider of aviation and aerospace educated workforce for the state of North Carolina, specifically the northeast region.
Aviation Science Program Educational Goals
- PEO1: Maintain distinction as the premiere aviation program addressing 21st century aviation/aerospace industry requirements.
- PEO2: Develop partnerships with both industry and government to ensure students understand the role and economic impact of global aviation and provide opportunities for scholarship.
- PEO3: Produce highly competent aviation professionals with the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required to compete in the rapidly changing and competitive aviation/aerospace industry.
- PEO4: Recruit and retain quality students by providing a superior aviation education and state-of-the-art training facility.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply mathematics, science, and applied sciences to aviation related disciplines;
- Analyze and interpret data;
- Work effectively on multi-disciplinary and diverse teams;
- Make professional and ethical decisions;
- Communicate effectively, using both written and oral communication skills;
- Engage in and recognize the need for life-long learning;
- Assess contemporary issues;
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern technology necessary for professional practice;
- Assess the national and international aviation environment;
- Apply pertinent knowledge in identifying and solving problems;
- Apply knowledge of business sustainability to aviation issues.