Chancellor's Academic Scholarship
The Chancellor’s Academic Scholarship was established as a merit scholarship program for incoming freshmen at Elizabeth City State University (ECSU) to provide an outstanding educational experience for five students who are exceptional scholars, versatile and well-rounded individuals. Scholarship recipients will represent the core values of the institution through their commitment to excellence, accountability, diversity and the ECSU motto: “To live is to learn.”
Each recipient will be awarded a fully funded four-year scholarship that covers the cost of the following: full tuition, student fees, university housing, meals, and textbooks.
Expectations of Recipients
Scholarships will be renewable contingent upon the following:
- Maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA annually
- Enroll full time each semester and earn a minimum 30 credit hours each academic year
- Maintain membership and active participation in the ECSU Honors Program
- Maintain membership and active participation in the Chancellor Ambassor Program
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Strong candidates are intellectually curious and able to articulate their ideas clearly. In evaluating candidates, the selection committee reviews the applicants’ responses to the application questions along with the entire application for freshman admission. To be eligible for the Chancellor’s Academic Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be a competitive applicant for admission as a freshman in the fall semester into a baccalaureate program at ECSU
- Be on course to graduate from high school in the spring semester prior to college admission
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident
- Have a minimum 3.5 or higher unweighted cumulative GPA
- Show exceptional qualities of character and leadership
- Demonstrate a commitment to academics, service and be involved in extracurricular activities
- Enroll as a full-time student
- Submit a letter of recommendation supporting your application for this scholarship from a teacher, religious leader or supervisor to firstname.lastname@example.org
CHANCELLOR'S ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION 2023
Submission Deadline: January 15, 2023
Note: This scholarship is only available to first-time, incoming freshmen.
Please complete the Chancellor's Academic Scholarship Application 2023 >>>
The total financial aid package – to include all types of aid received – must remain within the cost or financial aid budget as determined by Student Financial Aid. It is therefore important that you notify the Student Financial Aid Office of any scholarship, assistance, or loan funding that does not appear as part of an aid package. By doing so early, students reduce the risk of having aid adjusted mid-year or after funds have been received.
Undergraduate students receiving multiple or large scholarship offers from ECSU should also be aware that, in rare cases, their scholarship awards may be limited. Work closely with awarding offices to understand your scholarship package and terms of individual awards.