Forms & Documents
*For security reasons, please do not email sensitive information such as tax returns, social security numbers, or other personally identifiable information.
Completed and signed forms should be faxed, scanned and emailed or hand delivered using the following contact:
- Fax: 252-335-3716
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: 227 Marion D. Thorpe, Sr. Administration Building
What is an IRS Verification of Non-Filing Letter?
An IRS Verification of Non-filing letter provides proof that the IRS has no record of a filed Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ for the year requested. This document is required for non-tax filers.
Non Tax filers can request an IRS Verification of Non-Filing Letter, free of charge, from the IRS by completing IRS Form 4506-T, which can be located online at https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf. Mail or fax the completed IRS Form 4506-T to the address (or Fax number) provided on page 2 of Form 4506-T. Please do not mail, email, and/or fax IRS Form 4506-T to our office. Do not have your IRS Verification of Non-Filing Letter sent directly to ECSU.
There is also the option of submitting the non-filer form below if you have attempted but are unsuccessful at obtaining the document from the IRS.
What is a Tax Return Transcript?
An IRS Tax Return Transcript is required as proof of income and federal taxes paid for verification purposes. Students and/or parents who utilize the IRS Data Retrieval Tool and do not make changes to their tax information do not need to submit the IRS Tax Return Transcript. All other student/parents who are selected for verification must submit the IRS Tax Return Transcript. The Tax Return Transcript can be requested online at https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript. Click on the link "Get Transcript Online" or use options "Get Transcript by Mail". Requesting the transcript online is the quickest method but not all taxpayers can use this option.
Student Forms 2021-2022 (Academic Year Beginning August 2021)
- Appeal of Financial Aid Suspension
- Asset Information Verification
- COA Budget Adjustment Request
- Dependency Override
- Dependency Validation
- Dependent Verification Worksheet
- Direct PLUS Loan Instructions
- FAFSA Signature Page
- Financial Aid Supporting Documentation
- Identity and Statement of Educational Purpose
- Independent Verification Worksheet
- Loan Change Request Form
- Parent Head of Household Verification
- Special Circumstance Request
- Student Head of Household Verification
- Unusual Enrollment History Form
- Verification of Non-filing