Frequently Asked Questions    for faculty


How do I reset my password for INB?

  1. Go to
  2. Click Inside ECSU
  3. Click Submit IT helpdesk Ticket
  4. Enter your domain username and password (same username and password when you log into your computer)
  5. Select ECSU for the organization
  6. Click Login
  7. Click Have a problem? Report It.
  8. Complete the form
  9. Click Apply Changes
  10. Click Save

    Once you submit your ticket, you’ll receive an email that confirms IT has received your request. For detailed instructions, click here.

How do I change the seating capacity for a particular class?

You must contact the department chair to request changes. ONLY Academic Affairs can change seating capacity or any changes to the schedule.

Who do I contact if the system will not allow me to post the Last Day of Attendance for final grades?

Contact the office of the registrar at (252) 335-3300.

Who do I contact if a student has not attended my class during the first two weeks of the semester?

You should attempt to contact the student then download and complete the Never Attended Report form and submit it to the Office of the Registrar.

How does a student drop a class?

The student must log into Self Service Banner.

  • Click on the Student tab.
  • Click Registration.
  • Click Add/Drop/course withdrawal.

Can a student drop all their classes?

No. If a student drops all courses they must officially withdraw from the university. They will need to contact the Office of the Registrar. 

How does a student withdraw from the University? 

Students who wish to withdraw from the University must visit the Office of the Registrar to begin the withdrawal process.  The Registrar will explain the process, the consequences and the possible options relative to withdrawing from the University. 

How do I change a grade?

Complete an Undergraduate Grade form or Graduate Grade form and submit to Academic Affairs.

      How do I release a hold on a student's account?

   All holds are released within INB on SOAHOLD. Get detailed instructions on how to release holds, here.

What holds should I relase on a student's record?

Advisors should only be releasing Advisor Pre-Registration holds. Do not remove Transcript, Student Account, Athletic, or Veteran Holds.