1. ACCESS TO MATERIALS
- The Elizabeth City State University Archives collections are available to all researchers on an equal basis.
- Terms stated in individual Deeds of Gift apply to all researchers using University Archives collections.
- Researchers must make an appointment in advance to access archival material
2. CITING ARCHIVAL HOLDINGS
- Preferred Citation: Elizabeth City [NC] State University Archive, G. R. Little Library
- NOTE: Citations to the ECSU holdings papers typically require Record Group names and numbers and folder titles.
3. REQUESTS FOR DUPLICATION
- Elizabeth City State University Archives will consider requests for the duplication of material when such duplication can be done without injury to the material, and does not violate copyright restrictions.
- No photographs or scans of any archival material may be made by patrons of the ECSU Archive. Staff members will perform all copying and duplication services.
- The University Archivist accepts mail or telephone requests for easily identifiable items and can provide copies of print material and photographs.
- Single photocopies will be provided for the researcher's personal reference use at fees set by the Elizabeth City State University's G. R. Little Library.
- Duplicates of non-print media will be provided at cost plus $5.00 and must be pre-paid.
- Fees must be paid prior to the processing of orders.
- Copies not picked up in person are sent via U.S. mail when paid in advance, unless the customer requests and pays for a different mailing service.
- Returns of copied material are not accepted, and unless staff has made an error in completing an order, refunds are not made.
4. REGISTRATION FOR USE OF MATERIALS
- All researchers must register on their initial visit to the ECSU Archives. During subsequent visits they must sign in each time they use the University Archives holdings.