Distance Education Orientation
Students in the programs below should participate in our Distance Education Orientation. This orientation is offered completely online and the cost of this orientation program is free to distance education students. View ECSU Online Programs and Eligibility Requirements
- Distance Education Students – Degree Program is completely online.
- Re-Admitted students
- ECSU Undergraduates seeking 2nd undergraduate degree
- Graduate Students
- Students admitted to a 2+2 Community College (Online Degree Completion Program)/Transfer student See Eligibility Requirements
- Licensure Only Students
- Certificate Programs
In your online orientation experience you will find information about your academic program degree requirements, the process for how to register for classes, your academic advisor information based on your plan of study, academic support services, how to pay your tuition online, and so much more.
To make sure you stay on track follow these 3 steps:
- Access and complete the Distance Education Orientation modules. Select the link in step 2 above to log into the orientation.
- Complete the Distance Education Orientation modules by the deadline listed on the orientation session you selected.
- The Distance Education Orientation Modules will be located under the Pre-Orientation area once you are logged in. Even though a specific date may be listed you can begin the orientation modules as soon as you register for them and have until the deadline posted to complete the online orientation modules. Once a section is complete you will receive a green Yes mark on the screen. Complete all sections.
- Complete the Admitted Student Checklist (disregard steps pertaining to housing, immunizations, and registering your vehicle)
If you need support related to the Distance Education Orientation or an online program, contact the Office of Distance Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or Toll-Free: (877) 432-7662.
With Viking Pride,
ECSU Office of Distance Education