Work Study Eligibility Requirements
Who is Eligible for Aid?
To be eligible for of Federal Work-Study, you must meet these requirements each academic year:
- Be admitted and currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Be enrolled or accepted in an eligible degree seeking program at Elizabeth City State University.
- Be a US citizen, permanent resident or eligible non-citizen.
- Have a valid Social Security number (with the exception of students from Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau).
- Demonstrate an unmet financial need.
- Be registered with Selective Service if you are a male (you must register between the ages of 18 and 25).
- Currently maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) toward the completion of his or her academic program.
- Not be in default on any prior student loans; do not owe a repayment on any Title IV financial aid.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The priority filing date is December 1st.
- Not have been convicted of possessing or selling of illegal drugs.
Additional information on eligibility can be found at: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/eligibility/basic-criteria.