BYOD Self-service portal
The Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) self-service portal allows students to add up to 5 of their personal devices to the campus wifi that do not support username authentication, such as Smart TV's and gaming consoles.
Please note that the BYOD portal is only accessible from the campus network, including the Campus WiFi or Computer Labs. You can connect to the wifi named "Viking" from a computer or phone by entering your VikingOne username and password, and then after adding a device like a smart TV in the BYOD portal, you can then connect your smart TV to the wifi named "BYOD".
How to add a device via the BYOD Portal.
- Go to the BYOD Portal by clicking here. **Note: The BYOD portal is only accessible while connected to the campus internet.
- Enter your ECSU username and password, and then click Sign On.
- Read the Acceptable Use Policy and click Accept (you must scroll to the bottom of the Policy before it allows you to click Accept)
- Click Continue
- Click Add
- Enter the following information:
- Device name (a name that you select for this device, you can add up to 5 devices)
- Device ID (this is the MAC address of the device, click FIND A MAC ADDRESS for assistance)
- Description of the device (what type of device is it)
- Click Submit
- The following appears showing your device is in pending status.
- Now, go back to your device and scan for wireless networks.
- Select wifi network named "mab".
Your device is now connected.
If you have any issues with connecting your devices, please call the Helpdesk at 252-335-3532 for assistance Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. excluding campus holidays.