You can set your ECSU email to forward all incoming email to your primary email account (i.e. your home email, google, hotmail, yahoo, etc.) so that you only have to manage one account even though you have two accounts.
Old Gmail (Student Gmail will be closed Sept. 28)
- Login to your ECSU email account.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click the Gear.
- Select Settings link.
- Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the Forwarding section, click on the Add a forwarding address button.
- Enter the email address to which you'd like your messages forwarded and click the Next button.
- To confirm, click the Proceed button. For your security, we'll send verification to that email address.
- Open your forwarding email account, and find the confirmation message from the Gmail team.
- Click the Verification Link in the email.
- Back in your Gmail account, select the Forward a copy of incoming mail to... option and select your forwarding address from the drop-down menu.
- Select the action you'd like your messages to take from the drop-down menu. You can choose to keep Gmail's copy of the message in your inbox, or you can send it automatically to All Mail or Trash.
- Click Save Changes.
You also can set up filters to forward messages that meet specific criteria. You can create 20 filters that forward to other addresses. You can maximize your filtered forwarding by combining filters that send to the same address.
Note: While multiple email addresses can be added to the forwarding address drop-down in the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab, Gmail can auto-forward mail to only one address at a time. The address that is shown in the drop-down and has '(in use)' next to it, is the address that mail is forwarded to. You can use filters to forward mail to multiple addresses.
How to Stop Auto-Forwarding
If you no longer want to auto-forward your mail, follow these instructions:
- Click the gear in the top right.
- Select Settings link.
- Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. (If you use Google Apps, you might have a Forwarding tab.)
- In the Forwarding section, select the Disable forwarding radio button.
- In the Forwarding section, click the first drop-down menu and check for any forwards created by filtering.
Microsoft Outlook (Students)
- Log into your Email Account.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click the Options button.
- Select the See All Options link.
- In the Navigation pane (left-hand side of the screen), select the Organize Email link.
- In the Inbox Rules section, click the New... button.
- In the New Inbox Rule box, complete the following steps:
- In the When the message arrives, and: field, select [Apply to all messages] link.
- In the Do the following: field, select Redirect the message to... link.
- Select the email address or in the To field, type the email address you would like to forward all your email messages.
- Click the OK button.
- Select the More Options link.
- In the Name of rule field, type Forward to <List Email Address>.
- Click the Save button.