Why Give to ECSU?
ECSU is Rising. Under the dynamic leadership of our 7th Chancellor, Dr. Karrie G. Dixon, ECSU is entering a new era of Accountability, Commitment and Excellence (ACE) that is propelling ECSU forward. The University is on an upward trajectory that is poised to place ECSU as the intellectual, cultural and economic engine that powers northeastern North Carolina, the state, the nation and the world.
We need the support of alumni, faculty, staff, students, corporations, foundations and the community to invest in ECSU’s future. The ECSU Rising Campaign will focus on several strategic priorities.
ECSU has seven strategic priorities that reflect the current and future needs of the University as we aim to make ECSU a leading regional university that serves as the intellectual, cultural and economic engine of northeastern North Carolina.
These strategic priorities include:
- UNRESTRICTED FUNDS-There are a variety of needs that arise throughout the year that require unrestricted funds to address. These dollars help us make strategic investments to meet the needs of the ever-changing landscape of higher education.
- SCHOLARSHIP SUPPORT- As ECSU aims to have 2,000 students by 2020, the University will need more scholarship dollars to help students close the gap so that they may continue their matriculation at ECSU. Your investment in our students will remove the financial barriers for students and encourage timely graduation.
- ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE- ECSU has a vision to provide the academic inventory for the jobs of the future. ECSU is the first 4-year public institution in North Carolina to offer bachelor’s degrees in Aviation Science & Homeland Security. ECSU has created several undergraduate programs that include Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Interdisciplinary Studies, and Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS, or “drones”) and its first online Master of Education program.
- STUDENT DEVELOPMENT & ENGAGEMENT- ECSU aims to develop the whole student so that they are prepared for careers and life after ECSU. Our students gain invaluable experiences by participating in student clubs, organizations and musical ensembles; hearing from local, state and national thought leaders through the University’s Lyceum series; engaging in study abroad experiences that enhance their world view; and by interning and engaging with corporations through the career center. We have also opened a food pantry on campus that provides hunger relief for students and the community. Investments in student life help us to provide students with exceptional experiences that will be with them for a lifetime.
- CAMPUS ENHANCEMENT- ECSU’s goal is to create an environment on campus where students love where they live and learn and where faculty and staff are proud of where they teach. This means making strategic investments to enhance both the grounds and facilities around ECSU’s campus. The Campus Beautification Fund allows the university to make these strategic investments.
- VIKING ATHLETICS-The goal of ECSU Athletics is to build a program with state-of-the art facilities and resources that allows student-athletes to win both in the classroom and on the field.
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT & ECONOMIC IMPACT-ECSU has an economic impact of over $231 million in northeastern North Carolina, which positions it to be a powerful economic engine for the region. ECSU students, alumni, visitors and employees regularly contribute to the local and regional economies. And this is just the beginning.
Reasons for giving to Elizabeth City State University are different for each donor. Some give to strengthen the University's academic and physical resources. Some give to provide opportunity to enhance the lives of students. Others give in appreciation for ECSU's contribution to their lives. Whatever the reason may be, we hope that you will join us and consider making a contribution today.