International Admissions Criteria
Undergraduate Student Admissions Requirements
We encourage international applicants to apply as early as possible. In order to apply to ECSU, click here.
Once you complete this application, you will also need to:
- email a copy of your high school diploma along with the transcripts
- a bank statement showing you have sufficient funds to attend ECSU
- a copy of your passport
- a copy of your TOEFL scores verifying your English proficiency if you are coming from a non-English speaking country.
All these documents need to be translated in English.
Graduate Student Admissions Requirements
The office of International Programs coordinates international student admissions. In order to be considered for admission, International applicants should submit the following items:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Overall undergraduate GPA equivalent to 3.0 (4.0 scale)
- Application: International applicants may apply online but are also required to submit a paper application
- Application fee
- Transcripts: two official transcript, mark sheets, or document with official seals should be provided from each college or university that you have previously attended. The document should be provided in your native language of issue as well as an official, notarized or certified copy in English. ECSU participates in evaluating international transcripts through World Educational Services (WES).
- Three letters of recommendation (check for specific program requirements)
- English Proficiency. If English is not your native language and you have not completed at least one year of education at a United States School, you are required to take a standardized English Language exam. The university accepts either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and scores must be forwarded to the University by the testing service. An IBT TOEFL score of 20 on each section for a total minimum score of 80,550 (paper-based), or 213 (computer-based), or IELTS score of 6.5 I recommended meeting the language exam requirement. Official reports of standardized admissions test results must be sent directly to the university by the testing service (GRE or MAT, check for specific program requirements)
- Health form
- Financial information along with certified evidence of financial resources to cover educational costs and living expenses.