Dates and Deadlines
New Freshman and Transfer Applicants
It is recommended that high school students apply for admission to the university at the start of their senior year of high school. Closing dates for the submission of a completed application are listed below:
- Fall Semester Admission Priority Deadline: June 30
- Spring Semester Admission Priority Deadline: December 1
- Summer Semester Admission Priority Deadline: May 10
The completed application packet must be received by the Office of Graduate Education by the dates below to ensure that an admissions decision is made prior to the start of classes for the following semesters:
- Admission for Spring Semester: November 15
- Admission for Summer Semester: March 15
- Admission for Fall Semester: July 1
Intent to Enroll
All admitted students are asked to confirm plans to enroll by submitting your intent to enroll as soon possible after receiving your official admit letter. Your intent to enroll officially reserves your seat in the incoming class. You can submit your intent to enroll via the Viking Admissions Portal.
Financial Aid Dates and Deadlines
- FAFSA is available: October 1
- Priority FAFSA completion: March 1
- Priority verification processing: June 1
- Verification Completion: July 1
- Student should be cleared: August 1
Student Housing application
To apply for on-campus housing, you must complete the housing application (click HERE for Housing Application) and pay the $150 fee. Room assignments will be sent to you after your fee has been received. Vist the ECSU Housing and Residence Life website for more information or contact us at 252-335-3090.
- Deadline for Fall Semester: June 30
Waive or accept Student Health Insurance
This form should be completed prior to the start of classes. Students who do not waive the insurance will be automatically enrolled in ECSU’s insurance. Students who have a comparable health insurance plan should log onto Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina - Student Blue to waive the fee by September 10 for the Fall semester and January 31 for the Spring semester.
- Deadline for Spring Semester: January 31
- Deadline for Fall Semester: September 10
Submit Immunization Records
By N.C. law (GS 130A-152) and as part of the enrollment process, you must complete the new Student Immunizations requirements by submitting the form (Click HERE for student Health Form) and a copy of your up-to-date immunization records. For more information, contact ECSU Student Health Services at 252.335.3267.
- Deadline for Spring Semester: December 4
- Deadline for Fall Semester: July 15
- Deadline for Summer Semester: May 1
Register for New Student Orientation
Newly admitted students are required to attend New Student Orientation (NSO). Be sure to login to your Admissions Portal HERE and sign-up!
- Registration Deadline: Registrations are due seven (7) days prior to the date you wish to attend.