TAKE FLIGHT. BECOME A PART OF SOMETHING BIG.
- Tuition with NC Promise
- $500 in state tuition*
- $2,500 out-of-state tuition*
- *Campus-related fees for students and on-campus residency costs apply
- Low cost of living in a great location
- Minimal add-on costs for most degree programs
- Significantly lower than average cost for flight training
- 65.5 million jobs are supported worldwide in aviation (Air Transport Action Group (ATAG) 2018)
- Median annual wages range from $54,000 to $83,000 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Experience flight training in diverse conditions
- Easy local airport access
- Industry partnerships bring job/internship opportunities
- State and federal partnerships award scholarships and fellowships
- CFI Placement Program
- Seamless transfer from community colleges
Points of Interest
The only four-year collegiate aviation education program in the State of North Carolina, ECSU offers a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Aviation Science.
ECSU’s Aviation Science program is among few aviation education programs offered at HBCUs across the nation.
Certified by the FAA as a Part 141 Flight Training Program
Easy local airport access. (1.5 miles from main campus)
State, Federal and Industry partnerships bring job/internship scholarships and fellowship.
US Coast Guard College Student Pre-Commissioning Initiative (CSPI) gives eligible students an opportunity to join the Coast Guard as juniors and receive two years of tuition, fees, and books as well as a salary and insurance.
CFI Placement Program for students. (Earn as you learn)
ECSU and United Airlines Aviate Pilot Career Development Program
By partnering with United Airlines, ECSU aviation students will gain access to:
- A direct path to United. Aviate participants transition to United as a First Officer upon successful completion of the Aviate program and hiring requirements;
- Travel privileges. Aviate participants enjoy travel privileges to hundreds of United destinations;
- ECSU students participating in Aviate program will be paired with United pilots, creating a structured format for critical leadership and career development opportunities for ECSU students;
- ECSU students will have opportunities for professional development events and programs
providing a breadth of resources to learn and grow throughout the Aviate network.
PROFESSIONAL LICENSURE AND DISCLOSURE INFORMATION
If you live outside North Carolina and are considering enrolling in an online or a face-to-face program that leads to a professional licensure or certification, we highly recommended that you contact the appropriate state licensing agency in your state or the state where you intend to work to seek the most up-to-date information about state licensure requirements before beginning the program. Elizabeth City State University makes every effort to ensure information about educational requirements for licensure is current; however, licensure regulations are frequently revised. Separate from educational requirements, state licensure boards may require applicants to complete professional examinations, background checks, years of professional experience, jurisprudence exams, etc.
Have questions about professional licensure requirements? Submit questions here.
Phone: 252.335.3822 | Email: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org