Campus health and wellness
The health and wellbeing of our faculty, staff and students is our number one priority!
Person-to-person transmission of coronaviruses occurs through droplets of respiratory secretions that are spread when an infected person coughs or sneezes. This is similar to how other respiratory viruses are spread, such as the flu or viruses that cause the common cold.
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure and include fever, cough and shortness of breath. Call your healthcare professional if you develop symptoms and have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or if you have recently traveled from an area with widespread or ongoing community spread of COVID-19.
Continue to protect yourself from the virus.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; if soap and water are not available use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe;
- Facemasks are not recommended for people who are well; facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19.
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy plan for our students. All information pertaining to the overall campus wellness plan for the Fall 2020 semester can be found here.
Faculty and Staff
As committed as we are to our students, we are just as committed to our faculty and staff. Find all information for returning to campus here.