Hearing Officers - A Service to the University Community
Thank you for your interest in serving the University community in such a profound
We are seeking dependable students, faculty, and staff to serve as Hearing Officers for University Conduct Board and Student Organization hearings.
University Conduct Board Hearing - A University hearing board of appropriate Hearing Officers (students, faculty, and staff) and Hearing Chair are responsible for adjudicating matters involving allegations of intermediate and high level violations of Prohibited Conduct.
Student Organization Hearing - A University hearing board comprised of hearing officers (students, faculty, and staff) and a Hearing Chair who have working knowledge of student group and organization theory and law, have membership in similar organizations, and are appointed by the Dean of Students to hear matters involving charges against student groups and organizations. This hearing board is responsible for hearing matters involving allegations of low and intermediate level violations of Prohibited Conduct. Suspension or expulsion level matters will be heard in a University Conduct Board Hearing.
Student Eligibility Requirements:
- All members must be enrolled students in good standing at the time of their appointment and must remain students in good standing for the duration of their term (defined as not currently on disciplinary probation or higher, as defined by the Student Code of Conduct, and/or has not been suspended for a violation Academic or Conduct).
- All members must have and maintain a 2.50 GPA (semester and cumulative).
- All members must enrolled students for the duration of their appointment.
- All members will be required to attend a training retreat each August and must commit to an appointment of August-May.
- Time commitments throughout the academic year are TBA.
Student Hearing Officer Application:
- Application deadline TBA