SETTING UP YOUR VIKINGONE ACCOUNT
As an ECSU student, you will use your VikingOne account to access these services:
- University Computers
- LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)
- Self-Service Banner (SSB)
You must setup your VikingOne password with your one time authorization code prior to accessing these services.
- Locate the email from ECSU DIT that includes your Banner ID & ECSU Email address.
- To get started, go to the Self-Service Password Portal at the https://password.ecsu.edu to setup and manage your VikingOne account secret password.
- Setup your password by first logginG in with your one time authorization code.
- Do this by selecting the "By providing the answer to your security question" radio button from the menu and click Next.
- Enter Viking$$MMDD, where MM and DD represent the month and day of your date of birth, and hit SUBMIT.
- The system will ask that you set up your security questions and create a custom password.
- Once you have setup your password, verify that you can access ECSU services,
such as your ECSU-issued email account at https://outlook.office.com
You will need to visit the Self-Service Password Portal to change your password:
- If it has been 90 days or more since you last changed your password
- If you believe your password is known to anyone other than you
- If you forgot your password
- Never share your password. DIT staff will never ask for your secret password.
- Please reach out to our Helpdesk at 252-335-3532, or visit us in ITC room 218,
should you have any questions about your initial password setup. You must bring
an ID card such as a driver’s license to verify your identity.
- E-mail regarding your classes, student information and bills will be sent to
your student E-mail, powered by Microsoft Office 365. Access your E-mail at the
address below with your new VikingOne password.
You may have to wait up to 5 minutes after password management before successful authentication can occur. Contact our Helpdesk at 252-335-3532, or visit us in ITC room 218, if you have trouble logging into your E-mail with your VikingOne account.
Again, welcome aboard, Viking! We are pleased to have you, and look forward to serving you.
The Division of Information Technology (DIT) at ECSU
(252) 335-3532 | www.ecsu.edu/DIT