1. Register for Viking Voyage Orientation
First you must confirm your intent to enroll at Elizabeth City State University. To submit your intent to enroll, log into your Viking Admission Portal and respond to offer of admission. When you do that, you will officially become a Viking!
Click on the Register for Orientation pink banner at the top of your Viking Admission Portal . A confirmation email will be sent to your ECSU email account; click here to set up that email now if you haven't already.
Parents/families are invited (but not required) to attend a Parent/Family Orientation - they will need to be listed on your students orientation registration to receive the invite.
2. Pay orientation fee
Orientation fees are due 7 days prior to your scheduled orientation date.
- First-Year Students - $225
- Transfer Students - $185
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need options to pay the fee.
- Orientation fees are non-refundable.
3. complete pre-orientation modules
After you register for Orientation, complete the Pre-Orientation module in Blackboard. The course and quizzes will be available seven (7) days prior to your scheduled virtual orientation date and must be completed prior to attending your virtual orientation session. Students will need a device that can connect to the internet to access the online modules.
4. attend virtual orientation
All students admitted to an on-campus degree program are required to log on to attend a LIVE Virtual Orientation session for the day you are scheduled to attend.
During the virtual orientation students will have an opportunity to get meet your academic advisor and register for classes, understand our community expectations and connect with other students in small group sessions.
- Students who have already registered, you do not need to take any action, your date has been updated automatically.
- Admitted students who have not registered should choose a date and register as soon as possible.
- Students will need internet access & a computer or mobile device on their Virtual Orientation date.
- Students will receive the information for Viking Voyage Orientation to their ECSU
- Please check the email address you used on your admission application to access your email username, banner number and instructions to set your password. If you can't find this information, please contact Information Technology Services (ITS) Help Desk at email@example.com or call (252) 335-3532.
If you have questions or any concerns about your ability to join us virtually or access the pre-orientation modules, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help. We look forward to meeting you soon!
5. ATTEND ON-CAMPUS ORIENTATION
Finally, you've made it this far! The final component of your orientation, smooth sailing from here out! All new students will move-in and complete the last part of orientation. We will share the dates with you via your ECSU email account.
6. attend welcome week 2020!
Our goal during Welcome Week is for you to become more comfortable at ECSU, to make new friends, to have fun and start finding your place in the Viking community! Don't be shy, there is always a friendly Vikings standing by!