frequently asked questions
Will a program for family members still be offered?
- Yes, the Family Orientation program will also be offered in a virtual format. Registration is required, make sure your student has included you on their registration and we will email information directly to you.
Is Virtual Orientation Required?
- Orientation continues to be required for all incoming students and optional, but highly recommend for family members and supporters.
When will I register for courses?
- Course registration is completed after consultation with an academic advisor. Virtual advising will be available for you, and details on the process and timing will be share with you after you register for an orientation session.
How is ECSU responding to Coronavirus?
- Find the latest updated and resources at ecsu.edu/coronavirus
Whom Do I Contact for Special Accommodations?
- Students in need of special accommodations for testing, or any other reason, must
call the Office of Disability Services at (252) 335-3642 or (252) 335-3273.
Whom Do I Contact for Testing Accommodations?
- There is no longer an ECSU specific placement exam. Academic programs will use SAT/ACT scores to determine course placement.
- Some Transfer Students may still be required to take placement tests.
- Transfer students wishing to schedule a placement testing date prior to NSO must call the Counseling and Testing Center at (252) 335-3273.
Does ECSU Offer the SAT? Yes!
- The On Campus SAT will be offered to potential students in the Counseling and Testing Center (200 C.W. Building) @ 8:30 a.m. on the following dates:
- Test Dates To Be Announced
- Scores from this test are non-transferrable and are used only for students seeking admission to ECSU.
- Score reports will be available two weeks after scheduled test dates.
The cost for taking the On Campus SAT is $50.00.
Students can register and pay using Register Blast www.registerblast.com/ecsu/exam
Whom Do I Contact Regarding Disability Services?
- Students requiring assistance or Disability Services during New & Transfer Student Orientation, and the academic year, due to physical, psychological, and/or learning disabilities should register with Student Accessibility Services, 500 Griffin Hall, (252) 335-3642 or (252) 335-3273.
- To receive appropriate accommodations during Orientation, please contact us at least ten business days prior to your scheduled orientation session. We are open Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to assist you.
What is FERPA?
- FAMILY EDUCATION RIGHTS & PRIVACY ACT OF 1974 (FERPA)
- In accordance with the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) guidelines, the Office of the Registrar is unable to provide confidential information pertaining to students without a written consent from a student.
- This is done by completing the Consent Form and returning it to the Office of The
Registrar. Once we have received this information, we will be happy to comply with your request.
What Lodging Is Available in the Area?
Campus housing is not available during New Student Orientation for guests; however, there are several hotels in or near Elizabeth City.
Accommodations most convenient to the University are:
|Best Western Plus||(252) 331-7751|
|Days Inn||(252) 335-4316||800-329-7466|
|Fairfield Inn & Suites||(252) 333-1003|
|Holiday Inn Express||(252) 338-8900||
|Hampton Inn||(252) 333-1800||800-426-7866|
|Quality Inn||(252) 338-3951|
Telephone Numbers You May Need
University staff members are available and anxious to help and to answer your questions. Please contact the appropriate office if you need assistance.
Admissions (252) 335-3305 / 1-800-347-3278
Business & Finance (252) 335-3220
Student Accessibility Services (252) 335-3273
Financial Aid (252) 335-3283 / 1-800-529-8146
Health Services (252) 335-3267
Housing & Residence Life (252) 335-3761
New Student Orientation (252) 335-3143
Registrar’s Office (252) 335-3300
Student Accounts (252) 335-3566
Student Affairs (252) 335-3276
Transfer Student Advisor (252) 335-3474
University Police (Parking) (252) 335-3265
For other campus phone numbers call (252) 335-3400 and press 9 for the operator.