Housing & Residence Life
Fall Move-In 2021
Regular Move-In: August 12th -15th
Bias Hall & Viking Tower: Thursday, August 12, 2021
University Suites & University Towers: Friday, August 13, 2021
Viking Village: Saturday, August 14, 2021 & Sunday, August 15, 2021
In order to check into your residence halls and receive room keys, students must:
- Be cleared financially
- Be cleared through SHS:
- Provide proof of being fully vaccinated; or
- Provide a negative COVID-19 Test dated within 72 hours of your move-in appointment; or
- Be tested when you arrive to campus
*Move in appointments have been sent to each student. Each student has a two hour window to move into their residence hall*
*If you have not received your appointment information, please contact your Community Director or contact the Housing Office at 252-335-3761 or 252-335-3654
You may submit your vaccination information to Student Health Services prior to arriving to campus at email@example.com.
Students will arrive to campus 30 minutes prior to your move-in time and go directly to the check-in site that will be located at the Fine Arts:
- Proceed to SHS check point and once cleared;
- Proceed to HRL check point to receive keys;
- Proceed to Residence Hall;
- Students are only permitted two guests to assist them with moving into the residence halls;
- Students and guests must wear masks while moving into the residence hall.
WE’RE GIVING YOU $1,500 FOR YOUR FALL 2021 ON-CAMPUS HOUSING AND MEAL PLAN NEEDS!
Any student who stays on campus for the fall semester will AUTOMATICALLY receive the grant towards your housing and meal plan as part of ECSU’s VikingPLUS program. To take advantage of this grant, continuing students must register for housing by June 13 and new students must register for housing by June 30. No extra steps, no application process. If you plan to stay in campus housing, we’ll apply this grant award to your account.
Fall 2021 Housing Application Fee Waived!
Elizabeth City State University is excited to announce another VikingPLUS benefit. The university will waive the Housing Application Fee for fall 2021!
It’s not too late to apply for housing. The application deadline for continuing students has been extended to June 13. The application deadline for new students is June 30.
If you have not paid your housing deposit or applied for housing this fall, the fee will be waived when you take the following steps:
- Log into the Housing portal and complete the Housing Application Resident Information (ecsu.edu)
- Continuing students will be able to complete Self-Assignment until June 13, 2021 @ 11:59 pm
- Transfers and New Freshmen must apply by June 30, 2021 (Housing staff will make your
Students who have already paid the $150 fee for the fall semester will receive a $150 credit on their accounts at the start of the fall semester.
Please contact Housing & Residence Life at 252-335-3761 or 252-335-3654 with any questions.
Individuals who believe they have experienced or witnessed crimes, University policy violations, acts of sexual misconduct, or other questionable incidents related to student behavior are encouraged to report these incidents to appropriate University resources. If you have questions about how or whether to report, a representative of the Office of the Dean of Students is available to meet with you.
Click the SAFE ECSU icon to complete an Incident Report.