VIKINGS OF VALOR
What sets it apart:
In this all-gender community, we hold each other accountable in the pursuit of career paths that require focus, high-level team support, camaraderie, and honor. The experiences and life goals of those who will take an oath to serve, protect or support the efforts of those who do, are unique and valiant.
To provide students pursuing careers in criminal & social justice, with federal safety, security, and intelligence agencies and any student who is affiliated with armed services, an opportunity to live, study and become career-ready as a cohort.
To be a sought-after community of scholars for targeted career and leadership opportunities, and to serve as a model for peer-accountability, propelling others toward achievement of career goals and ambitions.
- Develop study habits, and personal coping techniques, needed to manage high-demand security careers
- Overcome barriers of meeting rigorous academic and career-field standards
- Enhance members' collegiate experience by intentionally building community through professional and peer mentoring, academic enrichment, and holistic development opportunities.
Eligibility - You belong in Vikings of Valor if you are:
- Involved in ROTC or enrolled in Military Science courses; or
- Involved in the College Student Pre-Commissioning Initiative (CSPI); or
- Majoring in Criminal Justice, Homeland Security or related degree; or
- Affiliated with armed services, military dependent, or receiving military/veterans’ benefits
- Open to all genders
- Open to all undergraduate classifications
- Planning to reside on campus
- Participate in 75% of related career-readiness activities, workshops, and cultural events;
- Challenge yourself to achieve new goals and uphold Student Code of Conduct.
- Cultivate relationships amongst a network of professionals and peers;
- Encourage, uplift and support your peers, and adhere to community standards
- Serve and volunteer on campus (ECSU) and off campus (Elizabeth City community);
- Accept leadership responsibilities that may arise.
**Application for this living-learning community is accessible through the Housing Application for incoming and Returning Students.**
For more information, please contact Dean of Students via email at email@example.com.