Learn the process and requirements for getting your residence hall assignment.
Your home away from home.
We want you to have a comfortable, safe, and welcoming place to live while you attend ECSU. That’s just what you’ll find in our on-campus housing. Residence halls at ECSU put food, classes, amenities, and your campus community within walking distance, helping you get the most out of your time at ECSU.
Frequently Asked Questions
See below for information regarding the residence hall closings for spring 2023:
- If you do not have face-to face exams, and are not participating in graduation, please check-out early.
- Please vacate the residence halls within 24 hours of your last final exam.
- If you are not able to leave within 24 hours of your last final exam, please vacate the halls by 7:00 pm on Friday, May 5, 2023. The residence halls will close at 7:00pm on Friday, May 5, 2023.
- Students that are participating in Graduation are required to vacate the residence halls by 2:00 pm on Saturday, May 6, 2023.
- Secure transportation needs (bus station, train station and airport) immediately Transportation Services (ecsu.edu). All transportation arrangements are required to be made by April 26, 2023.
- Students are required to remove ALL items from rooms. This includes trash, clothes, food in refrigerators and cabinets, furniture you brought yourself, televisions, etc. EVERYTHING MUST BE REMOVED and taken with you or thrown away.
- Students are required to turn in all keys at the time of check-out. We will NOT accept keys via mail after the fact.
- Failure to remove all items from rooms and or suites and or to return keys, will result in fines added to your student accounts
- Turn your books into Book Rental before you leave to go home. HRL staff will NOT turn your book into book rental.
- Secure your Housing for Fall 2023 before you leave to go home.
Should you have questions and or concerns, please email us at ECSUHousing@ecsu.edu
Housing will be provided for Session II (5 Weeks): Thursday, June 22 – Friday, July 28
Cleared students may check into the residence hall on Wednesday, June 21, 2023. Students must check out of the residence halls on Saturday, July 29, 2023
2023 Summer Rates: Spaces are limited for summer
- University Suites Single: $1,180.00
- University Suites: $968.00
Request Summer School Housing here: https://forms.office.com/r/ag0c6m0Gun
The deadline to request summer school Housing is April 14, 2023
For more information, email Ms. Kellogg
You may apply and pay for Housing after you have been accepted to the University. The Housing Application fee is non-refundable. The application is available in the Housing Portal.
No, You may pay by the following methods:
- Online via the Housing portal
- In person to the University Cashier
- Send check or money order via mail (Campus Box 939)
The beds in University Suites, University Towers and Viking Tower are regular twin-sized beds. Beds in Viking Village singles are full sized. Beds in Viking Village Suites are regular twin-size beds.
For your convenience, we have partnered with Dormify to provide an easy, affordable way to purchase Twin XL bedding, dorm storage solutions, and everything else you'll need (and want) for your new home away from home. Please visit ecsu.dormroom.com to get move-in day ready and create your dream dorm!
The room rate per residence hall varies based on room type.
No, currently we do not have an on-campus requirement.
Yes, all boarding students are required to have a meal plan. New First Time Freshmen are required to have the 19-meal plan. All other students may select from a 10, 15, 19 meal plans or a 120 or 160 block meal plan.
If assigned to a double room, you may be assigned a roommate at any time during the semester.
Housing will make students aware of when or if they may change rooms. If moving to a higher priced room, students must be able to afford the upcharge. It is the responsibility of the student to check with Student Accounts and/or Financial Aid to see if they can afford the cost. If a room change is made after refunds have been processed, the student must be able to pay the cost up front.
Yes, see below for current classification assignments:
- University Suites: Seniors & Juniors
- University Towers: New Freshmen
- Viking Tower: Sophomores, Freshmen, New Freshmen
- Viking Village: Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores
No, Housing does not provide microwaves or refrigerators. Students may supply their own microwave (1000 watts or less) and refrigerator (up to 5 cubic feet).
Yes, you will be assigned to the same room.
Students are required to take personal belongings home. Facilities will be performing cleaning and sanitizing in the residence halls. Larger items such as refrigerators and microwaves may be left at the student’s discretion. The University is not responsible for the loss, theft and or damage to personal belongings.
All mail and packages must be addressed using the following format:Student's First and Last Name
XXXXX CAMPUS BOX
1704 WEEKSVILLE ROAD
ELIZABETH CITY, NC 27909
Items not properly addressed may cause a delay in processing or be returned to the sender.
Students are required to leave the residence halls during:
- Winter Break
- Spring Break
- The end of the spring semester
- The end of summer sessions
See the Community Director of your residence hall.
The hiring process for Resident Assistants’ begins during the spring semester. There will be mandatory interest meetings. Be on the lookout for information via email and social media. Please express your interest to your Community Director.
Our residence halls are staffed 24 hours day. Our staff consist of:
- Community Directors
- Resident Assistants’
- Residential Security Officers
The University assumes no responsibility for your lost, stolen, or damaged property. We suggest that you obtain renters insurance to cover your items while away at school. Please view form here Personal Property Insurance
Yes, all of our residence halls are co-ed.
Contact your residence hall staff (Community Director, RA or RSO).
Yes, you may drop Housing at any time; however, charges will apply based on the date you move out of your room.
Assignments are made based on date of payment. If your request is not granted it could be due to non-payment of the requested student. (It is best that you both pay at the same time). Also, your requested roommate must also request to be your roommate.