Parents Checklist Veterans
  • Parent veterans

Parent Checklist

  1. Transfer your military education benefits to your child. This can be done by contacting the Department of Veteran Affairs (1-888-GIBILL-1). 
  2. Develop a VONAPP (Veterans Online Application) application through the GI Bill® website. Request to receive a Certificate of Eligibility that has your student's name on it. We cannot accept Certificates of Eligibility for dependents if it does not have their name on it. 
  3. Have your student complete the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Student Consent Form. Submit this form to the Office of the Registrar. 
  4. Work with your student to follow the Student Checklist so they can receive their military education benefits at The Elizabeth City State University. 

Admitted Student Checklist

Returning Student Checklist

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA . More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at /gibill.