2020 Fall Academic Calendar
This year, ECSU will start and finish the fall semester early in an effort to avoid a potential second wave of the virus in late fall/early winter. This means students will not receive the normal breaks in their academic schedule for which they are typically accustomed. The first day of classes will be on August 11 and classes will be concluded by November 24. We will announce plans for New Student Convocation and Winter Commencement at a later date. Our full calendar can be viewed here.
We are confident that we will be able to provide effective instruction in the fall. We will communicate with our students, their families, the faculty, and the staff of the university on a regular basis and will share any new or important decisions that may impact operations and instruction.
Unfortunately, we also have to plan for an unexpected rise in COVID-19 cases on our campus that could impact our normal operations. Please be aware that if federal, state, or local authorities determine that the university should transition to remote learning, this shift will likely be made quickly. The university is prepared to deliver instruction effectively in a remote format and meet any technological challenges a student or faculty member may face if this transition happens. We ask for patience and support in advance if this becomes a reality.
Please see below information for specific direction related to move-in dates and the process that must be strictly adhered to.
Students will move into their assigned residence halls beginning at 7:00 am and ending at 7:00 pm daily. New and transfer students will check into the Vaughan Center to receive room keys, a document that contains updated Community Standards, to include expectations for screening, physical distancing, hand hygiene, cleaning or personal and community space, and the guest visitation policy
- All self-serve stations will be eliminated.
- Disposable cutlery and plates will be utilized.
- There will be limited dining room seating.
- Alternative seating locations will be identified in Ridley Student Complex and the Ridley University Center.
- Dining associates will serve at food stations wearing PPE.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout dining areas.
- Lines at food entrances and food stations will be measured off for 6-foot distance separations and monitors will actively monitor lines for compliance.
- Restrooms will be cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- Plexiglass barriers will be installed at cashier stands.