Electronic and digital communications are important methods of communicating and a key component of strategic communications.
The Communications and Marketing team works to ensure that the ECSU website supports the brand experience and serves as an effective marketing and information tool for the university. In addition to managing the information architecture of the website, CAM also:
- Develops persuasive, innovative and original content for top-tier pages that promotes the brand story, creates affinity for the university and engages constituents
- Builds and maintains pages for special circumstances, events, and programs
- Approves content for the university's website created by divisions, departments, schools and programs
- Works with divisions, departments, schools, units and programs to support the redesign of their sites as well as updates content in the content management system
- Monitors information about the university on non-ECSU websites
- Provides support for ECSU social media campaigns and ensures alignment with existing website content
- Serves as a liaison with university website content owners providing direction and training ensuring content is up-to-date, engaging and accurate.
- Ensure website content owners are following ECSU Web Standards
- Recommends and implements ways to improve the website architecture, user experience, and content strategy
- Collaborates with Information Technology on technology-driven solutions that support departments and programs
- Works with third-party vendors to create and implement assets for the website
CAM has a special Webpage Change Request Form located in the Employee Portal for divisions and departments that need assistance with their websites.